Puerto Vallarta is full of colorful restaurants, sandy beaches and friendly people! Whenever I am down in Mexico, I make sure to stop by my favorite bar (#5) and grab a delicious slushy to cool off from the hot sun. If you are ever in Puerto Vallarta, be sure to check out at least one of these awesome bars!
When you are strolling on the Malecon, there is a charming modern bar that is above an Italian restaurant called La Posta. It plays some bumping house music at night and has a spectacular view of the ocean. They have a relaxing open rooftop patio to enjoy your handcrafted cocktail or margarita. Also, they serve delicious apps and give you pretzels for free if you order a drink. On Saturday’s they feature a DJ or two that play till 2am and if your lucky the cooks with join you after the restaurant closes downstairs!
- Website: http://www.lapostapv.com/en/
- Operation hours: Unclear with the bar being new but the restaurant is open from 10:00am-11:00pm everyday
- Location: Morelos 444, Proyecto escola, Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Los Muertos Brewing
Los Muertos Brewing is a popular place to go to grab locally brewed beer. They have plenty of craft beers to choose from including IPA, Pale Ales and more! If you are trying to watch a sports game or in the mood for some delicious pizza, head to Los Muertos brewing! Or, if you don’t feel like leaving your house, they deliver beer and pizza straight to your door!
- Website: http://losmuertosbrewing.com
- Operation hours: Monday-Saturday 11:00am-12:00am
- Location: Lázaro Cárdenas 345-301, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Andales is famous for their pet donkey. Yep, you heard me…. A REAL DONKEY! He is often found outside of the bar but sometimes he makes a round inside the bar to visit friends. A great story always starts with “So there was this donkey inside this bar…” & the rest is history! You can stop by for a lazy afternoon or join the party at 2:00am! They have a full restaurant and even rooms for rent upstairs.
- Website: http://andalesrestaurant.com
- Hours of operation: Everyday from 7:30am-3:00am
- Location: Olas Altas 425, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Twisted Palms Rooftop Lounge
This roof top bar has a large list of freshly prepared cocktails with a wonderful atmosphere. Its not your typical rooftop bar with an ocean view but the owner is very friendly and will tell you the backstory behind this bar. Plus, there are canvas covers to keep you out of the sun and a light breeze to cool you off from the hot heat. Get there before 5pm on Monday for half price martinis till 12pm. What a steal! Can you say MARTINI MONDAY!
- Website: None
- Hours of operation: Thursday-Tuesday from 4:00pm till 12:00am
- Location: Ignacio L. Vallarta 228 – 18, Upstairs in Plaza Romy, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Old Town
Blondies is known for their impeccable slushy flavors and friendly staff. With an open airy loft, it is a great place to get away from the crowd and enjoy a nice cocktail. This trendy gay bar is decorated with a fun comic themed decor in a super chic way. Catch them during their happy hour and get a yummy slushy for only 60 pesos! (around 3 USD) But if slushies aren’t your thing, they have a full bar to enjoy as well. They are so popular they even opened up a second location in the romantic zone. Try out their delicious artichoke dip if your feeling hungry! You wont regret it!
- Website: http://blondiespv.com
- Hours of operation: Everyday from 11:00am-2:00am
- Location: Calle 1, Púlpito 115, Amapas, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
If you are looking for an ocean view with dinner and a drink, then this is the place for you! Its technically a restaurant with a bar but they have the perfect view for a romantic dinner and a sunset. Daiquiri Dicks has live music to listen too and excellent service for an unforgettable dinner.
- Website: http://daiquiridicks.com/
- Hours of operation: Wednesday-Monday from 10:00am-9pm
- Location: Playa Los Muertos, Olas Altas 314, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Have you been to the fabulous Puerto Vallarta? If so, what are your favorite bars? I’m always looking for new suggestions and I would love to check them out!